What is it:
In partnership with Fifth Third, the Walnut Hills Redevelopment Foundation offers the THRIVE grant, a business development grant designed for established businesses wishing to relocate or expand into Walnut Hills.
How it works:
A small business submits an application to the WHRF. After a review, applications are voted on by a committee representing the Walnut Hills community to determine which businesses receive the grants, which will range from $3,000-$15,000. The recipients sign a contract detailing their planned use of the grant funds as reflected in their application. The funds may not be used for operating expenses. Recipients may be eligible for other financial products to help their business THRIVE.
The Business Must:
- locate in the Peebles Corner business district and be willing to stay for three years
- have a business plan
- have three years of projected financial statements
- have three years of prior financial statements if you are an existing business
- have a dream that just needs a nudge to THRIVE.
- have a signed lease (or ownership of) for the space in which the THRIVE grant will be invested
- prepare your business plan (see the resource listing for help)
- work with WHRF to find an empty storefront in the Peebles Corner Business District
- fill out the application and submit it
- contact your references to let them know they may be hearing from us
- prepare to make a pitch to the committee.
Ready to go?
Interested in starting a business in Walnut Hills, but not sure where to start? Click here for a list of small business resources.